Sunday, September 16, 2007

More trailers! (aka fan mail)

I've received another email from someone that built a trailer based on mine. Here's his email:

"hi there,

I came across your website when I was looking for trailer plans, and I found your instructions helpful for creating the trailer i just completed. I wanted to email you a picture of my trailer (it is made specifically to carry a small boat that I just built.)

also, someone gave me a burley trailer hitch, but it seems ridiculously easy to rip off the design (just a piece of 1 inch angle iron and 1 1/2 inch angle iron welded together). I am going to try using this setup with the rubber hose as the flexible member, but if that doesn't work, burley sells a replacement rigid rubber piece that fits perfectly (for $5).

thanks again for the plans,

v"

He also included a link to his boat page, and photos were attached:




No comments: