Thursday, January 14, 2010

Propeller Dance fun

I almost forgot to post my pics of our annual Community Day last November!

While our annual fundraising show is a big event each June, this one is far more informal, for family and friends to see what the various classes have been doing during their Fall sessions. Propeller Dance President David Scrimshaw has fine action photos at his Flickr account, so I'll just post some from my perspective.

Oh, and speaking of our June fundaraiser, did I mention that the group's LIFT show was voted Best Dance Performance of 2009 in Xpress Magazine? :)

My gear on the left, Mike Essoudry's (Thursday class) on the right.Mike taking in the show while he wait his group's turn:Jason Sonier (Saturday kids classes) with his assemblage:My gear. Yes, the laptop is a bit precarious up there, especially with dancers often flying around. Perhaps need to rethink that a bit.Missing (but joined in later) was Dominique St. Pierre. He does the music for the performing group, but due to his busy schedule I took on the task for the classes last Fall (and again for the Winter), while he still does most of the outside gigs. I do many of those as well, mainly because I have a more flexible schedule than the other musicians.

Oh, and while this was Community Day, it's still a fundraising event, and many munchies were donated to the cause. The front see-through bin holds my almost-famous chocolate chip cookies.

No comments: